- Most Fridays in August and September, 1-2pm: I'll be playing for the lunch hour crowd at the Depanneur Café, 206 rue Bernard Ouest, Montreal. Free.
- As the weather cools, I think I'll do some online shows. Keep you posted!
At Galerie Espace, Montreal, July 2021. Photo: Silène
- I've just put together a new album! A cycle of 11 songs totalling some 48 minutes of music, it'll be called "Lullaby for My Love". Much work to do: mastering, album design, notes, promotion. Keeping up hopes for a live launch this time, the launch date TBD.
- In the first week of July at Galerie Espace, Montreal, my photographs were displayed along with paintings by Chard Chenier. While social restrictions barred the usual vernissage (opening), we had a constant stream of visitors who engaged with the art, many delightful conversations, and I'm happy to report that sales for both of us were quite good! Here's a video tour of the show.
- New video! Shadows on Our Joy, on On This Shore. It can be found on the video page.
- New guitar! A Taylor 362 ce 12-string acoustic, to bring that chimey multi-string sound to certain songs.
- Songs from On This Shore have been played on the syndicated radio program Folk Roots Radio, the podcast Just Us Folk, and on Montreal's CKUT. On the latter station I was also interviewed about the album and my creative process. A photo montage video of that interview can be seen on the video page.
Sunday, Sept. 19, 1-5pm (TBC). Minette à la rescousse Cat Shelter benefit: As part of a lineup of 20 talented musicians, I played two tunes for this event, including this one.
September 18, played an hour and a half of mostly originals on Mariposa Terrace, accompanied on a several numbers by legendary harmonica player Chard Chenier. Mariposa Café, Montreal.
September 11 Hudson Porchfest. I played a full set at Porch 13, Hudson, Quebec.
August 19: Surprise, a song on On This Shore, was played on Folk Roots Radio, a program syndicated on a dozen radio stations in Canada and the US and streaming on Soundcloud, Spotify and other platforms. Hosted by Jan Hall, Folk Roots Radio features in-depth interviews with upcoming and independent artists alongside some of the best new releases in the folk, roots and singer-songwriter genres.
August 5, Argo Zoom Reading Series. I read "The Arrow", a poem in Shimmer Report, and played a song derived from it at this Montreal literary event.
June 30-July 5: Galerie Espace, Montreal: My photographs were displayed along with paintings by Chard Chenier. Here's a video tour of the show.
June 16: CKUT (90.3FM, Montreal) Interview and airing of selections of On This Shore on Wednesday Morning After hosted by Sheila Ferraro. It's available in the CKUT archives, but I also made a photo montage Youtube video out of it! It's also posted on the Video page.
- May 28: "Shadows on Our Joy" from my album "On this Shore" was played on Just Us Folk, hosted by Jan Vanderhorst at justusfolk.com. Second song in the first hour. A fine radio show, highly recommended.
- May 17: La Palabrava. Featured as both reader and musician at this Montreal multilingual reading series. Zoom; Facebook.
- Apr. 27: Club Passim virtual open mic, Cambridge, Mass. Facebook Live, Youtube.
- Feb. 17, March 17: Private Event: Vie Autonome/Independent Living, Montreal. Zoom.
- Feb. 4: Argo Books reading series. Featured performer. Zoom.
- Jan. 27: Private Event: Vie Autonome/Independent Living, Montreal. Zoom.
- Jan. 22: Living Room Session, an hour-long solo set at Mariposa Café, Montreal. Facebook Live.
- Jan 12: Club Passim virtual open mic, Cambridge, Mass. Facebook Live, Youtube.
- Jan. 1: Zoom launch of Jocelyne Dubois’ Memorial Suite, presented by Lawn chair soirée. Videos played of A Quiet Place, Wild and Free.
- Nov. 5: Argo Zoom Reading Series. Performed music and poetry at this literary event.
- Sept. 29 and Nov. 17: Club Passim virtual open mic. Cambridge, Mass. Facebook Live, Youtube.
- May, June: Tuesday evenings: 45-min. shows of music and poetry, Facebook Live
- April 5: Virtual launch of “On This Shore”. Facebook Live.
- Feb. 8: Rumi Ways of Love - Meditation and Song Circle. Four Rumi poems set to music, performed with Joseph Emet. Yoga d'Eveil, Montreal.
- February 5: Warm Winter Wednesdays Solo Live Performance, Mariposa Cafe, Montreal
- Ongoing: Depanneur Cafe, played once a week for the lunch hour crowd, Jan to June; Sept to Dec.
- Dec. 19 Argo Reading Series. Played two poems put to music, and read poetry as well.
- Dec. 7: Launch of Ethel Meilleur's "Funny Girl", published by my chapbook imprint, Sky of Ink Press. Ethel read from her new book; I performed songs at this well attended event. YWCA, Montreal.
- Nov. 19: The lawn chair soirée, a monthly reading series I co-organize and co-host. This month, performed music. Italian United Church, Montreal.
- Sat. Sept. 14. Hudson Porchfest. Featured as a singer/songwriter in this music festival. Hudson, Quebec.
- Aug. 17: Rumi’s Ways of Love, Meditation and Musical Circle. Performed poems of Rumi and Hafiz put to music. Montreal, Quebec.
- Aug. 11 Lawn chair soirée/Poetry in the Park. Performed music at this event.
- August 8: Argo Reading Series. Played music at this literary event.
- June 21: Montreal Serai Writers' and Artists' Gala. Performed music at this event commemorating 32nd anniversary of the online review, Montreal Serai, Espace Knox, Montreal.
- June 5: 3 Lands, 4 Voices, One Planet: played music and read poetry; featured with writers Veena Gokhale, Rae Marie Taylor, Laure Morali and Rita Mestokosho, Librarie Bertrand, Montreal
- May 20: NDG Porchfest. Featured performer; one hour set at Mariposa Café terrace. Montreal
- Mar. 8: Side Door Coffee House: Featured performance with Phil Peters, bass. Pierrefonds, Quebec.
- March 2: Brian Campbell w/Phil Peters on bass, with JB Demouy @ Mariposa Café, Montreal.
NB, this listing does not include many events in which I am featured as a poet only. For some indication of that, see brian campbell.ca